Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Day

Today we had a snow day. It was great to spend the whole day with Alta! Travis had to work, but it sounds like nothing big happened. Alta and I slept in until 8 this morning. Then we played for a bit. Alta started acting all cuddly, so I asked her if she wanted to take a nap. She said yes. I let her nap in our bed today (that almost never happens). I thought she would sleep on Trav's side of the bed....oh I was wrong!!! She had to be on my pillow. Before she would lay down though, she kept crawling under the covers. I couldn't figure it out. I would tell her to get out and lay down. She would pop her head out of the covers and look at me funny. When I finally decided to just lay down myself, I figured it out. She was looking for my belly. She gave KayLynn a kiss and a hug, got her head out of the covers and laid down on the pillow. I thought it was ADORABLE!!! She is going to be a wonderful big sister!

Tonight we braved the cold for a few minutes and went to Sharon and Wilbur's house for supper and cards. We picked up Papa Mel on the way there. Whenever we go by Melvin's house, Alta will say Papa, then we go by the high school and she says Ball, and when we get to Sharon and Wilbur's she starts saying Papa! Tell me she isn't a smart girl!!! She knows exactly where we go and what we do there!

I have one week before my next doctor's appointment. Part of me is hoping that after that appointment, when they take me off the medicine, KayLynn is going to decide to come on her own a little bit early.

Well, I am hoping that the wind chill might be too cold and they will call of school again in the morning.....we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment